My friend Meghan's blog this week was about what she wants from her life. This got me pondering about what I want for Sophie.
Sophie Kate--In this life I hope you...
give and receive love freely
have confidence, and a kind heart
live your life passionately, joyfully and see the silly.
make music
learn the importance of family
care for your body, mind and spirit
As a mom, I also have been spending a lot of time thinking about what I want to give to Sophie:
summer camp
Hiking, camping, cottages and canoeing
Piano lessons
a questioning spirit
Symphony concerts, opera, jazz festivals, theatre, galleries
An education
Walks in the forest
Open communication
teaching her to play with her food
Siblings
Stargazing together
Sports (baseball, soccor or skating)
Christmas traditions like Christmas Eve moon walks
Unconditional love
Swimming lessons
Building forts in the basement
All the hugs and kisses she can take
A back yard in which she can run and play
A soft place to fall
Sunday, March 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Not fair to make me tear up a little bit while I'm at work! Those are some beautiful words my sweet - what a wonderful mother you are and what a lucky little girl you have!
xoxoxo
Auntie Tatey
WONDERFUL!!! She's a lucky girl! xoxoox
Post a Comment