Friday, March 03, 2006
Encyclopedia Brown at Work
If my girl could only talk. It would make my guesswork a lot easier. The past few nights Sophie has been stirring at about 4am. She's thrashing about in her bed, not really waking up but certainly not restfully sleeping. She's usually grunting and making loud sounds (that wakes us up in the first place). When I put my hand on her belly she'll usually temporarily settle. Is she hungry? Does her tummy hurt? Are her teeth hurting? I'm realizing that so much of parenthood is trial and error. Trying something and seeing if it works. If it does, great. If it doesn't, move on. There's no mommy manual that has all the answers. Yes, there are zillions of books that can help you with your detective work, but no straight out answers. Last night I ended up trying to feed her and then she slept in between her mommy and daddy for the rest of the night. That seemed to do the trick. A good cuddle can sometimes cure all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't think that ever changes!! Are you getting enough sleep? I love reading this so much Karen - it's a little letter from you every day!!!!
Post a Comment