We did it! We actually moved! I still can't believe it (Sophie is on my lap as I write this and just burped and then looked up at me and smiled- she's her mother's daughter).
Thanks to many friends and family who saved our lives by helping, we are settled and loving our new home.
Here are the top 10 things I love about our new 'digs'.
10) Our relaxing backyard--with trees and green (and yes, there is mud right now, but potential for sure
9) Sophie has her OWN room!! And she's actually been sleeping in it!! And for the first time in 6 1/2 months, I stretched out in our bed without worrying about crushing/cramping our little monkey
8) 2 patio doors--one off the kitchen and the other off of Sophie's toy room--make for lots of light and will let in lots of air
7) Quiet Streets-- This morning I walked along the most beautiful street to the grocery store (10 mins) and enjoyed all the beautiful gardens along the way
6) Our toy room/Guest Room- Finally our guests (which we are lucky to have frequently!) will have their OWN room--not a 'hallway' into our bedroom. It even has a DOOR!! Go figure!
5)Our neighbours-- all friendly- and I met more people the first day I was here than in all my time at our old place. No kidding- and no 'coo-coo' next door neighbour--very nice!
4) Deck- We have a deck--like a grown-up- very cool
(Sophie is now tooting on my lap--and looking quite happy with herself...she's her daddy's daughter!!)
3) Proximity to great things--like great parks, great shops, a great cafe that has been discovered , and apparently a great seafood place (sure they're all a 10 minute hike, but that's no problem in our super dooper stroller!
2) Open concept--Feels open and cozy at the same time. A number of people (including myself) have said there is a good energy.
1) We own it!! No more renting :) Yippee
Remind me the next time we move that we are getting movers--yes, paying people, other than our sweet friends and family in beer and pizza.
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats on the new house!!! I like the top 10 list. It sounds like a great place for Sophie to grow up. :o)
Thanks so much for your comment Colleen--It's definitely a starter home--there is some 'sketchiness' in the neighbourhood, but we had to start somewhere. We're really enjoying it! Now I just need to learn how to garden, and insulate, etc, etc, etc. :)
Post a Comment