
Well, I thought that I would write a positive post today about sleep--as I've been getting a tad on the 'negatorio' side with the past two posts.
Since we have begun this sleep process three days ago, I have noticed a drastic difference in my relationship with Sophie. When she is awake I can't wait to get my hands on her. I am happy to drop the chores and play with her. Before this sleep stuff I was on duty 24 hours a day. There was nobody else that could do it but me. I was with her all day, and then all night. Not only was I sleep deprived, but I was 'me' deprived. I am realizing now, that having nights 'off', and having Brett be able to be involved is huge for me. I can leave in the evenings - not that I have, but I could . And that makes a big difference.
I am rested and ready to be a mom when Sophie is awake. And having two 'semi-scheduled' naps gives me time during the day to get stuff done, have a nap myself, chat on the phone, etc. Sometimes when it's time for her nap I actually feel disappointed that I'm going to miss her. Before this week there would be days when Brett would get home and I would be anxiously awaiting him to pass her off. I feel totally differently now.
Maybe all of this is the guilt effect, but when we are together I feel like a new mom. And that is worth something.
And as I wrote this post, Sophie played and put herself to sleep in 15 minutes with not one squawk. Not one. Day by day.
No comments:
Post a Comment