Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I'm Back!




Wow--I had no intention of taking a month off from the blog--Yikes!

I don't even know where to begin--it's been so long.
This Christmas was really special having Sophie a bit older. We sang carols with the piano on many evenings, and Sophie would bang along beside me. Watching her opening presents from her stocking was a huge thrill-something I've dreamed about for years. Seeing Sophie playing with different people in our families.
Sophie's speech has really blossomed. The variety of sounds she makes has increased so much. Especially after our visit to my family (where she has 6 other big cousins to imitate). She has been repeating lots of words-- bird, ball, cookie, baby, hat, hop hop (bunny), meow, quack quack, Paul, poo-poo (my all time favourite), bum-bum (when we change her diaper). I feel like she's changed a lot during the past month. Still no walking. Not even interested a little bit.

Some highlights from the holidays
-lots of great visiting with Sophie's cousin Lucy from Winnipeg. The girls visited Santa, opened presents, went to the park, chased each around the house and even fed each other.
-We had Christmas with Brett's family at our house. Lots of laughs, Apples to Apples, and yummy food.
-a great week at home with my family, with lots of cousin time with Sophie's cousins on the other side. We had lots of 'little babysitters' that were eager to play with their cousin.
-had a great visit with friends from my summer camp. Got all updated, and discovered one of the gang is expecting twins!




Lowlights
-Molars. Sophie's first molar broke through. Poor bunny has had some sore teeth. Her appetite hasn't been the same, and she has had some rough nights. We did discover the 'double drug' of both tempra and motrin (recommended by pediatrician) and that has been a big help. There are definitely more on the way. Her gums are all ridgy and I can see the white ready to come through.
-Some of you may remember me mentioning my friend Bean who moved in next door with her mom. Well, Bean's mom unexpectedly passed away on Dec. 27th. Bean is so strong. It's certainly going to be a long road ahead, but she has an incredible support network beside her.

And now we're into January...2007! I can't believe that Sophie is 14 months old! It seems like just yesterday we were cuddling our newborn baby girl.

We have lots of excitment ahead in the next little while. For the month of March we will all be packing our bags and moving to another city for the month, while Brett performs there. In April, I am scheduled to go back to work and Brett will be a house-husband. I'm sure there are lots of other exciting surprises waiting for us this year :)

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Happy New Year! Very cute Sophie picture with the tree. It was so great to finally meet her.