
Dear Sophie,
You are 18 months! You continue to amaze, amuse and astound. As each day passes, I fall more in love with you. Watching you change and grow has been such a gift.
The past month of going back to work has been a very challenging one for our whole family. It has broken my heart to leave you in your p.j's in the morning, and know that I will miss so much playing before 4 o' clock. Leaving you has been the hardest thing that I have ever had do. And yet what a wonderful gift for you and Dada. You two have had so many adventures, and such special time together. Anytime I look at my watch, all I see is how long until you are in my arms again. A countdown to the hugs and drooly kisses.
I feel so thankful that you have been able to spend so much time with me at school. I love that to you, the kids in my class are 'normal'. You see who they are, not who they aren't. I'm sure as you grow you will have questions, and perhaps fear at times, but for now you see four new playmates.
This month I have been so proud to watch you challenge yourself to a new level. Walking. You have been very hesitent to take this step (no pun intended!) and you have been frightened of falling down. You have waited until you were ready. Then, you bravely let go of the tight grip of our fingers and trusted in the strength of your body. Steady, thoughtful and careful steps. You still prefer crawling as a main form of transportation (especially when there's something exciting to reach), but each day there are more and more steps. It is a transformation that I have pictured since you were first born, and it is every bit as exciting as I had dreamed.
You are so much fun. You make my heart so full. I love spending time with you. My favourite moments are on our bed; kissing, tickling, talking and hugging. You are such a snuggle-bunny. I love that you hunker down for a big ol' love-in. Then one of us inevitably gets giggling and we both end up laughing. My girl.
You are definitely starting to become a 'toddler'. Sometimes when I have to take something away, or take you away from something unsafe you scream the loudest scream! You will be under my arm kicking and hollering. And you have been experimenting with the concept of 'Ow'. You will reach out for a face, squeeze anything you can squeeze, and then move back, wait for a second, and then say 'Ow'. Sometimes it's not funny, but other times (especially when you do it to Dada) I have to turn around so I don't laugh and encourage you! Another favourite these days is to throw any undesired food off of your highchair. I wish that I could say I also enjoyed this game, but it seems you enjoy it enough for all of us.
One of the ways you continue to amaze me is with your speech. I tried to write down all of your words a few weeks ago, but I lost count after 70! You are a chatter box. We have joked that you haven't been a walker, but you certainly have been a talker. Every day there are more and more words. You surprised Dada with 'high five' this week, and this morning when you were so excited about your 'helmut'. I never guessed that you would be so chatty, and I think it's a really special thing about you. I love singing songs with you, and hearing your sweet precious voice fill in some words. Your favourites to help me sing are: Row, Row, Row your Boat, Old McDonald, Five Little Monkeys, ABC's, and Singing in the Rain.
This afternoon you were napping and Dada went to check on you and cover you with a blankey. He told me how sweet you looked and I should take a look. When I peeked in your crib you were sleeping with Roar draped over your neck, scrunched right in the corner, and your precious face peeking above. At these moments I can physically feel my heart. It is aching, but in a wonderful way. That may be hard for you to understand when you are little, but one day, when you grow up, you will understand what I mean. To love someone so much that it hurts.
You are loved. You are beautiful. You are such a gift.
Happy 1 1/2 years Sophie Blue Eyes.
I love you.
Mama
xoxo
You are 18 months! You continue to amaze, amuse and astound. As each day passes, I fall more in love with you. Watching you change and grow has been such a gift.
The past month of going back to work has been a very challenging one for our whole family. It has broken my heart to leave you in your p.j's in the morning, and know that I will miss so much playing before 4 o' clock. Leaving you has been the hardest thing that I have ever had do. And yet what a wonderful gift for you and Dada. You two have had so many adventures, and such special time together. Anytime I look at my watch, all I see is how long until you are in my arms again. A countdown to the hugs and drooly kisses.
I feel so thankful that you have been able to spend so much time with me at school. I love that to you, the kids in my class are 'normal'. You see who they are, not who they aren't. I'm sure as you grow you will have questions, and perhaps fear at times, but for now you see four new playmates.
This month I have been so proud to watch you challenge yourself to a new level. Walking. You have been very hesitent to take this step (no pun intended!) and you have been frightened of falling down. You have waited until you were ready. Then, you bravely let go of the tight grip of our fingers and trusted in the strength of your body. Steady, thoughtful and careful steps. You still prefer crawling as a main form of transportation (especially when there's something exciting to reach), but each day there are more and more steps. It is a transformation that I have pictured since you were first born, and it is every bit as exciting as I had dreamed.
You are so much fun. You make my heart so full. I love spending time with you. My favourite moments are on our bed; kissing, tickling, talking and hugging. You are such a snuggle-bunny. I love that you hunker down for a big ol' love-in. Then one of us inevitably gets giggling and we both end up laughing. My girl.

You are definitely starting to become a 'toddler'. Sometimes when I have to take something away, or take you away from something unsafe you scream the loudest scream! You will be under my arm kicking and hollering. And you have been experimenting with the concept of 'Ow'. You will reach out for a face, squeeze anything you can squeeze, and then move back, wait for a second, and then say 'Ow'. Sometimes it's not funny, but other times (especially when you do it to Dada) I have to turn around so I don't laugh and encourage you! Another favourite these days is to throw any undesired food off of your highchair. I wish that I could say I also enjoyed this game, but it seems you enjoy it enough for all of us.
One of the ways you continue to amaze me is with your speech. I tried to write down all of your words a few weeks ago, but I lost count after 70! You are a chatter box. We have joked that you haven't been a walker, but you certainly have been a talker. Every day there are more and more words. You surprised Dada with 'high five' this week, and this morning when you were so excited about your 'helmut'. I never guessed that you would be so chatty, and I think it's a really special thing about you. I love singing songs with you, and hearing your sweet precious voice fill in some words. Your favourites to help me sing are: Row, Row, Row your Boat, Old McDonald, Five Little Monkeys, ABC's, and Singing in the Rain.
This afternoon you were napping and Dada went to check on you and cover you with a blankey. He told me how sweet you looked and I should take a look. When I peeked in your crib you were sleeping with Roar draped over your neck, scrunched right in the corner, and your precious face peeking above. At these moments I can physically feel my heart. It is aching, but in a wonderful way. That may be hard for you to understand when you are little, but one day, when you grow up, you will understand what I mean. To love someone so much that it hurts.
You are loved. You are beautiful. You are such a gift.
Happy 1 1/2 years Sophie Blue Eyes.
I love you.
Mama
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment