
celebrated with a big ol' poo-party that consisted of ice cream sandwiches and
phoning all of our relatives with our big news. Yippeeee!! She didn't seem to care that much about it, and I think she was wondering why her parents were acting all over the top and goofy about it. In other news we had a wonderful family full weekend. Brett's brother was visiting for his PhD commencement and a family wedding- and we all used it as a great excuse to have a big ol family weekend. Our new three week nephew Bodhi also made the trek--and that was awesome to get to know him a bit better. It was so great to have a house that was big enough to have a family function in and not feel completely cramped. It was a fabulous weekend. (I'll post some more cute kids in fancy wedding clothes when I download them from our camera!)
In other big family news, Clara rolled over for the first time!!! She was playing on her back and I quickly went into the kitchen. Auntie Nessa discovered her on her tummy--after hearing a series of grunts coming from the living room. I felt sad that I missed the milestone, but Clara didn't seem to mind. She seemed pretty proud of herself.
It was lovely to have cousin Lucy and family staying with us. The girls had lots of fun and only minor squabbles. One of my favourite moments was at the kitchen table, when the girls were playing with pladough. Out of nowhere Sophie yelled "No" to Lucy and Lucy yelled "Yes" to Sophie and they both continued yelling their respective word at an increasing volume. And let me say again that it was out of nowhere...no toys being fought over, nothing. It was really hard not to laugh.
Okay--it's hot--I'm feeling sticky and in need of a shower. I'm wishing we had central air, but trying to be grateful that we have a wonderful house (but it sure would be more wonderful with central air)
No comments:
Post a Comment