Today the girls and I had an adventure. Brett had to work all afternoon (with the car). There was a Green Festival downtown so we decided to take the bike stroller and travel enviromentally friendly to the Festival. We met our neighbours Cindy, Andrew and Ben and we spent the afternoon with them.
The highlight reel:
-Making soap (for daddy). At dinner tonight she explained in great detail to Brett how she made the soap for him. "And then I had to SQUEEEEZZE it (while she said this she vibrated).
-petting a stuffed beaver. (their highlight not mine--I find that whole thing a bit weird/creepy). Holding dead birds in ziplock bags (once again, mildly disturbing but the girls really liked it. I tried to not throw up in my mouth). There was a hummingbird in an empty spice jar and that was pretty neat.
-holding worms. They had a worm compost display set up and the kids were able to reach in the dirt and look for worms. Both Sophie and Clara were in there like dirty shirts. Even girls wearing a princess dress can get in mud and hold worms. Clara was excitedly yelling at the worms.
-kids yoga class. This was rather hilarious. Sophie was able to follow along quite well and seemed to enjoy it. Clara was crawling one by one to all the kids and saying 'hi' while they laid back and did their stretches. She doesn't like to miss anything.
We were all going to go to our favourite kid-friendly cafe afterwards for a drink and a muffin, but I decided (for once) to quit while I was ahead. It had been a great afternoon and I thought it was better to end on a good note instead of inviting the 'crash and burn' to be the grand finale of our day. In the end it was a good choice, because we had three tired peeps when we arrived back at our house.
3 comments:
I'm almost throwing up in my mouth! Why were there dead birds in ziplock bags at the festival? Eeeeew! :o) Sounds like a fun day other than that part. What a good Mama taking the girls out for a fun day like that. My princess' love worms too. You never know with these little people.
Take care!!!
We loved hanging with our peeps! Thanks for making a good afternoon great!
Good question---dead birds in ziplock bags are not something that I ever particularly wanted to see. Apparently they put them in the freezer and then take them out on for the festivals--GROSSSS--where's the frozen peas??? WHOOPS
Post a Comment