Our Soph
had her first graduation--from nursery school. It's hard to believe that they now celebrate nursery school graduation, but I'll never complain at the chance to celebrate my sweet girl.
All the kids sat on their carpet pieces on the floor while the teary eyed paparazzi parents were behind with flashes a blazin'. They showed a really lovely slide show, and it was really strange and neat to see photos of Sophie that I had not been there to take or witness. To be able to sneak at experiences she had without us.
After the slide show they handed out the diplomas (cute!) and then the kids all performed "O Canada". After we all trucked to a park and had a picnic. It was a great morning.
This year we had the wonderful opportunity to have a close family friend as one of Sophie's teachers this year. That made the transition for us, and Sophie so much easier. The other teacher was equally as lovely, and I feel like they created a safe and protected harbour for these 20 kids to branch out for the first time from their parents. I am so thankful for all of their hard work and dedication to these kids, many of whom will not remember much of this year some day. But in their foundation they have love, patience and kindness given from these special teachers. JK seems like the big wide world in comparison. Gulp.
No comments:
Post a Comment