From top to bottom (and what a cute one it is) I love my girl.Her hair. Has changed so much since the day she was born. I was shocked when I first saw her thick head of dark hair. Four and a half months later it is now thinned like a middle-aged man, and even has a bald spot at the back (we call it her autistic spot....I know it's bad...because she flails her head back and forth looking somewhat autistic....our pediatrician said this is apparently normal-whew). Anyway, I digress. Nothing is better than kissing or rubbing my cheek against these sweet downy hairs. Another aside, both Sophie and my hair began falling out at the same time. I am like a shedding Newf. dog in the hot summer. In the morning my pillow is covered with long hairs. Soph's co-sleeper also has her hair on the sheet (looking much sweeter than mine!) Some say it has a reddish tinge to it. There may be blonde peach fuzz coming in underneath, but it's hard to tell. I am so curious what colour and thickness it will be.
Her eyes are the feature that people always remark about. Her huge and beautiful eyes and eyelashes stop people in the supermarket. They are getting more and more blue each day. My sister calls her 'chubsy googles'...the googles are for the eyes. In my family we call big-eyed babies "googily-eyed", and that is definitely Sophie. I love all the different ways her eyes change- from sleepy eyes, smiling eyes, startled eyes (they get even bigger if you can believe it...), observing eyes, to the milk eyes (my favourite).
Her button nose is, well, cute as a button. Sophie would say that I make her bananas in this nasal region, as I am always trying to stick things up there. When she has lots of mucous in her nose she has difficultly feeding, so I'm forever looking for ways to extract said mucous without ticking her off (usually unsuccessfully). I have a bit of an obsession with this area. When there is mucous I can't help but want it out to make her more comfortable. We have this nose sucker that does work but I worry that it could hurt her....okay, I'm going into way too much nose details. For any other new moms reading this, we can talk for a few more hours on this subject (really, I am holding back in stopping this, because I have lots more to say)
Her lips are simply divine. Kissing them is better than the finest Belgian chocolate in the world (and two summers ago I pretty much sampled it all). I really could kiss her all day. And I pretty much do. I have to get it all in while she still lets me. There will be whole decades where I probably won't be able to get near her, so I have to stockpile now.
To me her precious ears confirm evolution. I obsess over grooming and cleaning her ears like a monkey while I'm feeding her. Last week I discovered a whole pile of dried crusty milk behind her ears (hence the expression clean behind your ears...I finally get it after all these years!). Anway, how can I be obsessed and have overlooked this area you ask? Answer, I'm not sure. Anyway, that's all cleaned up now (which is no easy task) and I admit that I actually have licked behind her ears like a mother cat. True confessions. You heard it here first.
Don't even get me started on her cheeks.
1 comment:
THis is great! Maybe a few details that frighten the not-yet-Moms who read, but good none-the-less. It's so nice to see her and you looking so well. Uh, Karen, how could that girl NOT have had big, blue, remarkable eyes? Genetics, my dear, would have told you that there was nothing else but big blue peepers coming - and I'm so glad!! xoxo
Post a Comment