
Today I feel behind. Behind on folding laundry (huge pile to fold on floor for days), behind on dishes (skyscraper of dishes needing to be put away), behind on emails to friends, phone calls I need to make. Behind on tidying up our daily life (little shoes, clothes, monitors), cleaning up our world.
At these times I remember the wise words of our midwife when I apologized for the state of our house at one of her visits. "If your house was too clean, I would be worried. Worried you weren't focusing on taking care of a) Sophie or b) you"
I've thought of those words often. Sometimes what people tell you stays and resonates in your mind. I'm so grateful for her comment that day (but I still feel behind!!)
I just(this absolute second) realized why I'm behind! Because during Sophie's naps I have been going for long walks outside (the weather has been gloriously spring-like!) When I'm home Sophie is awake, so we're busy with baby business. During the winter I had lots of time when she was napping to do house stuff.
I feel so much better now! I wouldn't give up my walks for anything. Bring on the dirty laundry!~
ps..love this pic. I know she's feisty in it, but she's workin hard on her belly!
1 comment:
Omigosh, I just realized...I married a big nerd!
Post a Comment