Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Mama Poncho

We had a special handmade delivery yesterday from Sophie's Grandma in Kingston. This awesome mama poncho! Last April at a women's weekend I saw a mama poncho and I fell in love with it. I was newly pregnant at the time and had visions of walking with my baby snuggled against me for long walks. Now, after countless hours of knitting, my mom has finished the poncho. The original mama poncho was going to cost $300 as it was with fauncy-faunce wool from Austria. My mom and I found a website that sold the pattern (based on the Austrian she-she model) and she had wool left-over from an unfinished project. I love it so much more than any we could have bought, because I know how much love has been stitched into this poncho. My mom has been sick this past winter, yet she still found energy to make this for us. This morning we're going to test-drive the poncho for the first time. Each time we wear it I will be thinking about my mom, and all the work and love she went to for the two of us. Surrounded and warmed with love. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

meghan said...

hi there!

Sorry I've been MIA a bit lately - you two look ADORABLE in this - like a pot of tea!! I love that Brett took her to work - guys, she's looking so bright and healthy and sweet. Her little smile is heartfilling!! Missing you SO much!! xoxo

Melody said...

I love this! Love the poncho, love Soph's expression in the picture. I'm curious - are you holding her or is she in the Snugli in it? Mel

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry!!! My name is Jordin and i live in Kingston... that all being said I LOVE YOUR PONCHO!!! I am an avid knitter, and would love to make one of these myself... if it isnt too much trouble, please contact me so that i can get all the information that i would need to make one...

Again, great poncho!

Jordin im_jordin@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

My daughter would love me to knit her a poncho can you help me find the instructions? Beth
bsell4315@windstream.net