Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Nasal Oath

I Karen, solemnly promise, to do my very best not to attempt to extract nasal mucous from my daughter Sophie's nose. Not even if it looks really uncomfortable. Not even if it looks really easy to get at, not even if I think it will only take one quick swipe. I will no longer use the nose sucker, or my fingernail, even if I think that it will make her feel better in the end. I have a nasal addiction and I am going to stop it right here, right now. I may even start a 12-nasal-step program. This is day zero clean (yes, there was an 'incident' this morning). I promise to try to avoid looking inside her nose (although that's going to be hard). The only time I will extract is if she can not feed. I promise to admit, on this public forum, if I fall off the wagon and begin picking again. This is a new day, a new beginning. We can overcome.

No comments: