Sophie is now honing her culinary skills. Each day when I cook dinner (yes, I now cook dinner!) Soph sits in her bumbo chair and we talk about very important cooking matters. We talk about mixing and adding ingredients, and sometimes she likes to sniff different spices. Here we are preparing a slow-cooker stew.One of the things that is really special about Brett's family is that they always congregate in the kitchen. That is the central room in the house. I have always loved how each member of the family takes part in the dinner. Whether it's chopping, making an appetizer, a salad, or keeping the cook company, everyone has their role. It's a very relaxed and wonderful place to be.
In my family it was baking. I loved baking with my mom. She let me participate actively, and not only did I love that special time with her, but I was proud of (and happy to eat) the results. What kid doesn't love licking the beaters. I am excited that both Brett and I will be sharing our combined family experiences with Sophie, and who knows, maybe she'll be the next Iron Chef?
1 comment:
I LOVE the bumbo chair!! Big Fan! I'm envious... :)
Post a Comment