Here is the long overdue photo of my childhood friend Melody and our babes. Isabelle (who I'm holding) is three weeks younger than Sophie to the day. It was a truly amazing experience to meet Mel's daughter, and to introduce Sophie to Isabelle. It almost felt surreal. Melody and I have been through a lot together, grown up together. When we talk on the phone it's like no time has passed, like we're still giggling girls in highschool. Only the topics have changed. From boys to bottles. Schoolwork to strollers. I am looking forward to getting to know Isabelle as she grows up, and seeing my good friend as a mom. As I look at this picture I feel almost teary- on one hand I am so thankful that Melody is still a part of my life, and that we still have so much to share with one another. On the other hand, I can't believe that we each have a daughter, not dolls from our childhood. And what a fantastic mom she is. There is so much ahead. The learning curve of motherhood is steep. I'm so thankful to have a friend like Mel to share the journey with...the bumps and bruises along the way, the questions, the highs and exciting firsts.
No comments:
Post a Comment