Thursday, March 09, 2006

Things that make you go Hmmmm...

We have been working towards Sophie taking a bottle, and I'm going to let that go for awhile. Not really happening. Got some good information from G with some new things to try, but I think for my mental health I need to take a break for a bit. She will be independent before we know it, and these wee days are going to go so quickly.

Sleeping has been a challenge this week. Not sure if Soph hasn't been feeling well, if she's having a growth spurt, we're putting her down too early, or she's napping too long during the day--can you tell I've been thinking about it a little bit? Anyway, I'm going to go back to going to sleep when I put her down and that should make things easier.

Lastly, breastfeeding has been tricky lately. I'm not sure if it's the sidelying position, thrush, or teething but feeding has been a bit painful. I had a phone interview with a lactation consultant and she gave me some tips over the phone. Already I see a positive change. It's not hurting nearly as much, so that area is improving already.

Despite my frustration with the situation one look at Sophie's sweet loving smile melts my heart. She is an amazing kid. Babies change and grow, and just when we figure them out they change. We are so blessed to have a healthy girl who is doing everything that she should be doing. She has been sooo good to us, that she definitely is allowed a few bumps along the way. It's only fair! I think I just need to adjust my expectations and that will really help. She's a four month old baby.

Today Sophie laughed harder than she ever has laughed. I want to bottle that sound. Incredible. We were at Alix's house singing silly songs with her boys and bouncing and jiggling the Sophster. She loved it!! She's at such an amazing age. (She also rolled over again!)

We're going away to Ottawa and Kingston for 5 days, so being surrounded by our amazing family is just what the doctor ordered.

No comments: