Here is our girl the very first time she was in her excersaucer. She seems to like standing on her own two feet, and often looks quite proudly at us, knowing that she's achieving a feat. There is a tray where we put lots of her toys so she can explore the world from a different angle.It's been really incredible to watch her learning and developing. Each day seems to bring such new things. After working at my school, where advances happen so painstakingly slowly, I'm always surprised to see Sophie advancing so quickly (she's very advanced for her age..tee- hee).
At school we would work each and every day on a small goal, often not seeing much progress for months and months. Sophie continues to blow me away by, all on her own, surprising me with new and amazing feats each day. It's like a little miracle each and every time.
Since having Sophie I have thought so much about the parents of my school kids. When they were pregnant they had the same dream that I had, for a healthy, "normal" baby. I can't even fathom the devastation of discovering your baby is not okay. A blow that I imagine you can never get over. In so many big and small ways your life is never "normal" again.
When I worked at school we never felt sad or sorry for my kids. You just don't. They bring so much joy and fun that we don't spend our times focusing on what they aren't. But when I had Sophie and became a parent, I also began seeing my school kids through a parent set of eyes. It becomes tragic. I can not even imagine the pain.
I am so thankful for my precious and healthy babygirl. Who is learning to play in her exersaucer, who is learning to use her hands and hold up her head. A strong and vibrant girl.
I am so thankful. I am so thankful. I am so thankful.
1 comment:
Okay - enough with the tear-jerkers. I had another cry at my desk this morning, but am writing this later. Couldn't see to write!
We do have to be thankful for Sophie, and so much else. Let's never take things for granted.
G
Post a Comment