Sunday, April 02, 2006

Papa

There is something very special about a father-daughter relationship. As anyone who knows me could tell you, my dad means the world to me. And now I am seeing that the same is true for Sophie. It has really become apparent in the last week or so. When her daddy walks into the room her face lights up. A huge gumby smile emerges. She knows, somewhere in her tiny being, that this man loves her more than any other. She knows that he has and will continue to do anything for her. That he loves her unconditionally. That nothing makes him happier than seeing her smile. That he will do anything to dry the tears from her eyes.
Before we had Sophie I am embarassed to admit that I wondererd if I would feel jealous of the love between Brett and the baby. It couldn't be more the opposite. Nothing makes me happier than seeing the two most important people in my life playing together, laughing together, reading books, singing songs, or having an afternoon snooze. Witnessing love as a third-party. Watching these two people I love so much love each other. Amazing. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for something to read this morning.

No thanks for making me cry at my desk.

You are a wonderful trio.

G/M/W