Here's our girl wearing her Easter dress on Easter morning (huhmm, we're a bit late posting I know!). Thanks to Auntie Katie and Uncle Chris for this cute little number. This photo was taken before the 'spoiling' of the dress during Chris' sermon (no Chris--it wasn't anything you said).Dressing Sophie up on Easter Sunday kinda felt like being a kid dressing up my dollies. Except way more fun. And way cuter. And a way messier ending (but I did have a pee-pee doll that you squeezed....I don't think they made a B.M. doll-that's probably a good thing)
As a totally aside and unrelated note I was very impressed with the teenaged population today. My encounter made me a bit less frightened facing this troublesome decade in 12 more years.
Two different awkward and gangly teens went out of their way to hold the door open for Sophie and I at the mall today. When I thanked them they lowered their pimply faces and said a mumbled 'you're welcome' -less than an enunciated sentance, more than a grunt. Anyway, it made my day and gave me hope for the future. Hard to believe looking at this picture that one day this little thing will roll her eyes at me and be embarassed to be in my presence.
1 comment:
Love the pictures - they are a cheerful start to my day!
Isn't it interesting how we generalize about people as a group, but often individually, they are "normal", nice, polite, worth knowing, etc. Even teenagers.
Just remember, the work you're doing with Sophie today will be reflected in twelve years. Keep those neural pathways humming. And mostly, lots of hugs. No problem there. You are a wonderful mother.
W/G
Post a Comment