
are really yucky to kill (it's going to be raining a lot over our house!).
Here's the thing-- you know how I mentioned that Sophie sleeps on the floor of her room because a) she needs to be nursed to sleep (bad habit I know) and b) she's such a light sleeper that she can't be easily moved.
Since we moved here I have started to get red spots on me (that look like bites) are crazy itchy and nobody else has them. I think they are spider bites from lying on S's carpet feeding her, Brett thinks it's an allergic reaction. On Friday night I was putting Sophie's blanket on her and I found one of these big nasties on her baby blanket--I FREAKED out. It's one thing to see them in your tub, another on a blanket you're about to cover your most precious sweet girl with. I was super upset all night and now we are on a mission to get Sophie 'off the floor'. The thing is we've worked so hard to get her out of our bed, and we're ALL sleeping so much better, that I've hesitated bringing her back with us-- and I've tried her pack-n-play and it didn't fly. Long story short, as I write this she is in her room, napping on the floor, hopefully not being ravenged by spiders. At 3am I've even thought dramatic things like "what if one crawls in her mouth and she can't get it out?"
Like I said, she has had no spots herself, and that is the only small comfort right now. I keep trying to remember that if we were camping she would be on the ground, and that spiders are probably a lot better than many other things we expose our kids to (like plastics---did anyone read the paper about toxic shock?? Scary!! and cleaning products) But I'm sorry, it's still really yucky. Am I nuts to be leaving her there? Parenting is one big series of choices--hard choices.
1 comment:
Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»
Post a Comment