
Today I left Sophie for the longest (and the furthest distance!) ever to ride my bike 25kms on a major 8-lane highway!! Seriously- this is a fundraiser that involves biking with thousands of others on a closed highway on a beautifully sunny Sunday morning. Truly it was an incredible experience. Somewhat odd and surreal, as I'm used to going 100+kms and today I was going 20!
My friend Elizabeth had encouraged me to come, but I wasn't sure if it would work with Sophie. Still pretty dependent with the whole nursing thing. I have wanted to do the bike for years, but this year I was still humming and hahhing (sp?) about the time away from our girl.
Last night I decided not to go and left a message on Elizabeth's voicemail. This morning Sophie woke up at 7:00am and I ran upstairs to check the weather--no rain. I then and there decided to go for it! I fed Sophie a really big feed and then ran around like a chicken with my head cut off to get ready. I was at the registration at 7:45am!!
The ride was exhilarating--feeling the wind in my hair (oh ya, I forgot my helmet because I was in such a rush!), feeling like an normal adult, getting exercise and LOVING IT. Anyway, I have been on an absolute high all day since.
On the way home we cycled right past our place (yes, we live VERY near a major highway!) and Brett and Sophie came to cheer us on. It felt great to see them.
I drove home simply giddy from the morning - I used to mock my sisters for getting so excited about things....humble pie.
2 comments:
Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»
Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»
Post a Comment