Saturday, June 03, 2006

Hello Tooth Fairy!


Sophie hasn't been herself the past few days. She had started waking up a LOT during the night (I haven't even updated the Trixie Tracker because it's been so frequently....the past three nights seems like one big blur. I feel like I should just mark 'awake' all night long!). She has seemed quite uncomfortable, rubbing her gums and drooling a lot--but frankly, this has been happening for a long time now. How much can you blame on teething--that excuse is getting stale!
BUT, yesterday I felt Sophie's gums and felt a little sharpie tooth coming through! On the bottom right in front!! When I've tried to look (which isn't easy by the way--much easier to feel than see!) I can see beautiful white, but it's only just begun!! Our little girl is growing up. I felt a mixture of feelings--happy that hopefully she will now have some relief, excited (a new tooth is a big deal around here!), but also a bit sad that she is growing up.
Before long she'll have a whole mouth full of teeth, and will be taking those teeth away from her mama to explore new things and have new adventures. That little tooth will be tasting so many different things--birthday cake, toys, dirt (let's be honest), and hopefully not (but let's be really honest) boob (owww). To me it kind of marks the beginning of the next chapter. Bittersweet.

I have a feeling that there are more to come quite soon, because Sophie still isn't feeling back to normal. She is still rubbing like mad on her gums, is quite a cranky pants, and isn't able to sleep for long stretches.
When Sophie finally has all of her teeth, what will I say instead of "I think she's teething"??

3 comments:

Melody said...

In answer to your final question, "She's having a growth spurt. She didn't get enough sleep last night. Her schedule has been thrown off." There's plenty more! Thanks so much for this - Belle has also been a non-sleeping cranky pants for several weeks. But how we love our little Crankasaurus Rex!

SC said...

Mel- thanks for adding some more comments to my repetoire. I'll need them. Teething is getting old already! :) I love Crankasaurus Rex!! We use 'cranky o'clock' (dinner onward) and grumpy pants. I'm sure Brett has lots more names for me when I'm sleep deprived.

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»