Well---I think we have finally turned the corner. After a torturous two weeks Sophie is now sleeping. I still feel somewhat shell-shocked and tender, but the worst is behind us (if not, then ignorance is bliss). This has been the most challenging two weeks of my parenting career, and I have definitely cried more tears than Sophie. It was the most difficult decision I've made, and once we made it, it was even more difficult.
Last night Sophie was slept TEN HOURS!! was awake for 20 mins, then asleep for another hour. We've come a long way from up every hour. She doesn't cry anymore going down for naps or to bed at night. Just plays and then sleeps----I'm so proud of her. She's been so brave.
I am so thankful for the huge support system that I have in my life. I have had countless loving phone calls and unexpected surprise Toronto visits that honestly have kept me going. I have absolutely incredible family and friends. I feel truly blessed that I can pick up the phone in a dark time, and reach a voice that pulls me back into sanity with love, humour and compassion--time and time again.
I'm still not sure we made the right decision, and maybe I will never be. I'm still not sure if I will do this with our next child. I still don't feel good about all that has happened- I feel almost ashamed of our choice and the assumptions about my parenting that people may make.
But we made a decision and we followed through, and now things are looking up. I think I may even see the rainbow after the storm.
Sunday, July 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh I am so proud of BOTH... no... all THREE of you. Please stop worrying about whether or not it was the right decision - she's obviously happier, you are happier, she's sleeping, you're sleeping, you've all learned something. You did a good thing for all of you. I am so happy to have come there and seen you - and I hope that you'll keep that futon ready for us. Mark was jealous of my pictures & we both can't wait to play with you all now that you are all sleeping (you must feel like a whole new woman!!) love LOVE LoVe to you xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment