I should have known better. I should never have written a post about turning the corner, and how the worst is behind us. I was just asking for trouble.
Last night our little one was awake and very sad for two hours in the night. I guessed that would happen, because all day she was really cranks and her teeth seemed to be really bugging her. I gave her some advil before bed, and exactly 8 hours later (when it wears out) she woke up very upset. We gave her more advil and walked with her, kissed and sang to her for almost 2 hours. Nothing was working. We seemed to be making her more upset. Finally feeling desperate we put her back in her bed with a kiss and then left her---10 minutes later she was fast asleep. I don't get it.
And this morning, sure enough, was tooth number 4 that had broken through during the night. Poor little muffin. I gotta talk to the person in charge about that whole process. Not very nice.
It's funny, because when we put her back in her bed last night, my brain was much better than I have been in the past. I really feel now that this is a skill she needs to learn, and unfortunately I can't it for her. Or maybe I'm just turning into a cold, heartless snake.
On another note, last night I left Sophie with a babysitter for the evening!! Brett is in a play, and he had a performance last night that I actually got to see. It was an absolutely wonderful evening. I loved every second of it (and yes, the cell phone (that was on vibrate) was clutched tightly in my sweaty palm every moment). The play was excellent, and Brett was magnificent. He never ceases to amaze me onstage. He is so brave to live the life he does. My friend Deirdre was a sweetheart to offer to babysit, and I felt so comfortable leaving her with the Soph (well, as comfortable as is possible for a new mama). Soph didn't make a peep the whole time we were gone.
I'm a little bleary eyed this morning, with all the theatrics last night (both at the show and at 3:30am!) but nothing that a long nap won't fix this morning.
Sophie and I are off to my hometown tomorrow (sleep training in motion...ARRGG....am I insane??)-- so I will probably be M.I.A. for the next few days. It's a wonderfully rainy day here, so I'm going to go curl up on the couch with a cup of tea, a magazine (I have no attention span for books these days) and my pj pants (ahhh my favourite).
Onward and forward.
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree on the whole teeth thing. Isn't it awful? That's awesome you got to go out for an evening! The first one is always the hardest. Now you know she will be fine so you can do it again soon. :o)
Post a Comment