Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sneaky Mama

My little flower has a very sensitive gag reflex---how's that for an opener?? I tell you, this blog at times has T.M.I (too much info!). Anywho--I continue. She must have inherited this from her cousin Jonah, who will gag and throw up with little encouragement.

I think that is why it took awhile for Soph to be interested in food. Now that she is, she still only loves extremely strained and pureed food. No lumps. So my homeade babyfood often meets pursed lips (which is still very cute, and I have to try not to reinforce it by smiling).

Today I got the bright idea to do half-and-half. Half baby food from the jar, and half of the same food but homeade (therefore a few more chunks!). It met slightly opened lips. Which is an improvement. There were even a few baby bird big mouths. Progress.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Pretty sneaky! Good for you making homemade food. I always thought that would be great but never got around to doing it. Lainey is past the baby food now but still likes to toss the food she doesn't want overboard from her highchair. I'm constantly picking up noodles from my floor. :o)