
"The difference between hope and despair is often a good night's sleep"
Last night Sophie was up for only 10 minutes. Brett went in and sang to her and rubbed her back and she was back to sleep in no time.
I, of course, was up for another hour and a half, worrying that she would wake up again.
Parenting is so scary. It is so raw. I was terrified that we would end up back at square one. I was a wreck last night, crying way more than ten minutes about the night ahead. Sleep deprivation does not help my state. As usual, Sophie amazed us with her ability to be one step ahead of her silly ol' mama and dada. She is an incredible kid. She adds so much light to our life. We have been so blessed with her in our lives (and I'm not just saying that cause she slept last night.....but that helps!! hee hee)
On a non-sleep note (imagine that...me writing something that isn't about sleep!) this picture was taken at our campsite on our camping trip. I absolutely love it.
1 comment:
Very cute picture. Good job Sophie letting Mommy sleep last night. I think I love my girl just a wee tiny bit more when they let me sleep too. he he he
Post a Comment