Friday, July 28, 2006

Sick & Tired

Sophie has gotten a cold. We caught the cold at a birthday party on the weekend where there were babies a-plenty. Sophie has already passed it on to dear cousin Lucy. I, too, came down with a bug. When I saw the first signs of it approaching I began to see all of our sleep success drifting away....

And that's exactly what has happened. Of course during the night we picked her up, walked her/rocked her, nursed her while she was sick. Yesterday she seemed much more herself, but last night was even worse than the two previous. Take a look for yourself--click on "sleeping hell"

So this morning I feel like we're back to square one. Sophie as our little guinea pig--as we bumble our way through this parenting thing.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I feel for you! Malachi (Kai) got his first cold at 10 months and it was painful to watch and listen to.
I let him sleep in his swing for a few weeks so he was elavated to help him breathe. We would run the swing all night on charged batts!! The swing reclined so I could strap him in and take the tray off (he was to big for that part) and know he could not fall out. That was my way to bumble through my parenting journey!!

Before you know it Karen it will be potty training then on to the next thing! Take heart!

Colleen said...

Oh Karen,

I hope you're all feeling better soon. When my girls are sick I always spoil them a bit too. It's just our instinct to hold them when they aren't feeling well. I'm sure she'll start to remember how to sleep again soon. I'll cross my fingers for you.

SC said...

Thank you again for the support. It makes a big difference.

Karen- you are so right that before long this challenge will be replaced by the next. It helps to keep everything in perspective.

Colleen-She's going to grow up so quickly, I treasure those sick cuddles.