Monday, August 28, 2006

Th "G"ster

Sophie had a wonderful weekend with her G. The highlight reel included early morning play-times (while we got to SLEEP IN!!!), picnic at the beach, and walks with S in the back-pack.

We went shopping and bought a new knitting project for G. It is a purple 'Wiggle Dress' for Sophie. It's going to be her birthday dress. It is going to be purple with a funky multi-coloured yarn with crazy tassles at the bottom.

We had another picnic at Brett's show. He is doing Shakespeare in the park this year, and so G, S and I had a picnic before the show. Sophie even went for her first swing in a baby swing in the park next door. She loved it!! Canada's Wonderland, here we come!! G stayed to watch the play, and Sophie and I came home for bedtime.

It was a wonderful weekend. We have been so fortunate to have so much family in our worlds this summer. It adds so much to our lives. Sometimes I focus on how difficult it is to be away, but I need to focus on how thankful we are for the time together.

No comments: