Sophie is a lucky little girl. She has two of her big cousins visiting for two days. Actually, her cousin's mom and dad are really lucky...cause they're having a romantic get-away!! WELL deserved!
Jonah and Gracie arrived yesterday and are here until tomorrow. Sophie has been really enjoying having her big cuz's around. They are very doting--passing her toys, singing to her, kissing her, and giving her lots of love. There is the occasional (and I mean rare) 'experiment', where she may be squeezed a little too tightly, her eyes pushed a bit, but she lets us all know her own boundaries. We're keeping her safe, but also letting her experience her cousins. She is loving the excitment and activity. It makes me realize the difference between oldest and youngest kids. Oldest kids have so much 1 on 1 time, and a quiet environment. You keep adding kids and you keep adding chaos. In a good way.
Unfortunately, Sophie's cold gave her another really rough night last night. She was up 6-7 times. At one point in the middle of the night Brett said "I just need one hour of consecutive sleep"....we've come a long way (down!) in the sleep department, that that is what we're dreaming about. Soph finally slept TWO hours of consecutive sleep--from 5:30am to 7:30am when we heard little feet and voices upstairs. That's going to be the kicker with multiple kids--if you're up all night with one, you still have to get up bright and early with the others!! ALL in GOOD TIME!! Let's just say that we were contemplating number two, but we're going to wait for a wee bit of sleep before we enter into this experience again.
Brett fed me caffeine and waffles this morning and was incredibly upbeat despite .4 hours of sleep last night. He has gone ahead on a day trip with the kids, while Soph (and I) have a morning nap and will catch up with them in a couple of hours. He keeps me going. How do single mom's do it? I have a whole new appreciation. Nap time for mommy. Let's pray for a nap longer than 20 mins...you can do it Soph.
Friday, September 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Enjoy your test run of multiple children! We waited until Lauren was sleeping for awhile before having #2 as well. Congrats on the orchestra too! That's great!
hey my girl(s), I hope that you got some more sleep and that this weekend is fun for all of you - Missing you madly MADLY! (less than three months now!!) xoxo
P.S. I am about to read back some posts - I think I missed something!
Post a Comment