Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Bumpin' Up and Down

Sophie had her first wagon ride at my school last week--an important marking day in any child's life!! She enjoyed it a lot and looked pretty darn cute--like a little peanut in a great big wagon.
I took Sophie to my school for two days to help get my classroom set up. I wanted to make sure everything was in order for the first day of school. They hired a new teacher, and I showed her where everything was. It was really nice to be there, and see some of my friends. Sophie got loved up lots, then we headed home.
On a similar note, Brett and I have made an important decision this week. We have decided that I am going to go back to work full time in January, and he's going to stay home with Sophie until June. Mr. Mom here we come. It makes the most sense with our situation, and I think it's the best arrangement for all of us. The beauty of my school is that Brett will be welcome to bring Sophie to school for lots of visits. We have a pool on-site, and so on our swimming morning, Sophie will be able to come swimming. On Friday afternoons we have a school-wide music program, and Sophie will be able to come to that too. Basically, whenever Brett wants to bring her, she will be welcome. That will make it a lot easier for me. It's still going to be hard for me, but it will be really wonderful for Brett and Sophie to have that time together. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Colleen said...

That's so great that they can visit you so often. Sounds like a great plan for you guys. Very cute wagon pic too. :o)