Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sleepy Sniffler

Whew--I'm back! After an internet breakdown (felt like we were in the ice ages without internet...how did we live without it!!) and a case of the sniffles, we are back on track.

Soph has a cold. Here she is in her jammies with her little red nose and sleepy eyes. What you can't see is the caked snot that is all over her face, and the left-over squash in her hair. Poor dolly has had her nose wiped so many times that it is getting raw, and so we now only wipe it when it's really necessary (read--snot bubbles). And often my shirt is the kleenex--so much softer and readily available. Ahh parenting is so glamourous.

The upside of the cold was that yesterday Sophie and I had the most glorious nap together on our rocking chair. She woke up after an hour, still really sleepy, but was so congested that it woke her up. She fell back asleep on me, and we snoozed for another hour and 20. The best thing ever.

Last night I raised one end of Soph's crib to help her sweet nose, but when I checked on her before I went to bed she was all the way at the other end of the crib with her head the wrong way!! Her feet were elevated and her head was down. Too funny. We fixed that little situation, and our little dear slept until 7 this morning. Of course Brett and I woke at 6am and couldn't get back to sleep. Posted by Picasa

I couldn't resist this photo from a few days ago---this is the ugly reality of 6am wake-ups. A very happy perky baby, not-so perky parents. Brett has been working nights with the play he's in, Sophie has been semi-nocturnal, and has also been waking up the rooster. Would you trust this man with your child?????

No comments: