
Every Tuesday since we moved to our new house we have had a weekly outing to the outdoor organic market. It is a short jaunt from our house, and we discovered it quite randomly on a stroll when we were newly exploring our neighbourhood.
It has become my favourite outing of the whole week, and I look forward to Tuesdays for our family trip together. The market happens in a big park, so we usually bring our picnic blanket and let Sophie scoot around while we take in the sights and smells.
We allotted ourselves a weekly $20 budget for shopping, and we have tried lots of wonderful things. There is our personal favourite--the 'sticky bun lady' where we faithfully buy two sticky buns (and the best darn sticky buns I've ever had) each week. We also have bought other organic breads for Sophie to test out (all getting the thumbs up), corn on the cob, sweet peas, tomatoes, concord grapes (YUM), and a few cookies along the way.....come on, they're organic!!
We have the fig women--where Sophie, Brett and I tried our first fresh figs. I loved them (and highly recommend them), Brett was so-so and Sophie immediately gagged and spit it out (not such good advertising in front of her stand).
The market has such a wonderful vibe. There are lots of kids and babies playing nearby in the park. There is a dreadlocked busker who looks kind of scary until you hear he's playing soft folk music, smiling with shining soft eyes, and encouraging kids to dance and sing with him. There is lots of laughter. Lots of yummy healthy food, and lots of community.
The market ends in October until April, and I am already feeling sad losing our Tuesday market trip. I suppose we'll have to search for another special outing to replace it. I am so thankful that we found it. And we'll have to look forward to sinking our teeth in the first sticky bun in April.
3 comments:
Do Soph's shoes have bunnies on them? If so, they are the same ones Isabelle has.
yes they do, but how the heck can you tell from that picture??!! I can barely tell and I own them!! :) xoxo
I don't think there are that many that are pink with yellow trim on them. I love it that our bunnies have the same shoes!!! I think they had the same 0-6 months ones as well (pink with white and yellow flowers).
Post a Comment