
1) This week, she has decided that pureed food is now infantile, and she is pursing her lips and pushing away the spoon each and every time. This has thrown us into the world of finger foods. Last night, for instance, Sophie's meal was Nutrios, bread, tofu, and corn on the cob.
2) Sleeping---I have become highly superstitious, which is not like me, but I don't even want to say that sleeping is going well, because it's still very tenuous and day-to-day. (but we're really happy because she's been sleeping through the night a lot more frequently!! ssshhhhh)
3) Lots of family fun--Lots of great visits have been happening and continue--My dad and Narj came for the day before they flew to Ireland, Chris came for an appointment, G is coming tonight for a long weekend, and next week we are babysitting Jonah and Gracie for a few days :) My peeps are in the hood! Love it!
4) Soph has started punching herself in the head and banging her head trying to rock her feeding chair. As someone that works with kids with autism, I am resisting the urge to diagnose, and simply chalking it up to a funny and explorative game. (Brett just read a segment about this in our 'What to Expect Book" that it's normal (phew) and she could be seeking rhythm (I've got rhythm)...they suggest getting a drum (which leads me to the fact that I looked in two different huge toy stores and they had a pitiful and basically non-existant musical instrument section. What they now call instruments are electronic toys (like a guitar that you press buttons and hear music). BRUTAL! We are in search of some actual instruments, until then, we'll continue with the wooden spoons and tupperware!!)
5) Each and every day there are new sounds. Da-da is her favourite---sheesh, why not Ma-Ma???? A-da, Baa, and many more. She has also started making singing-like sounds. It's perhaps the sweetest thing I've heard. She is exploring the range of her voice.
6) Crawling from room to room now. If I leave her in the living room she will find her way to me in the kitchen. She also seems to be wanting to be near me, or on my lap. She still isn't 'making strange' with other people, but I find she doesn't want me to leave her close vicinity when she's trucking around the floor.
7) Breastfeeding is also changing. She is often distracted, and a feed now consists of many breaks for interesting things like: scratching a pillow, smiling at daddy, trying to reach the phone.
8) Little Monkey behaviours-- her favourite one being crawling to our night tables and knocking off everything one by one. Little munkin.
9) Every day I am marveling at the changes in my sweet pea. She is getting so grown up, and I am trying to just soak everything up before she leaves for university (sniff sniff). Life is good.
10) Sophie's 6th tooth pushed it's way through yesterday!! Hopefully now she'll get a hiatus from teething for a bit.
1) This isn't Sophie news, but me news....tomorrow night I start up with orchestra again. I played one weensy piece in our final concert, but I basically missed the whole season, so I am really looking forward to having some 'me' time and doing something that I love. I had my audition already, I won't find out for another two weeks, but I hope that I get in again.
No comments:
Post a Comment