Thursday, September 14, 2006

Organizing Clothing--HELP!!

Right now I have a heaping pile of clothing outside of our storage room that I need to go through. It has both clothes that Sophie has grown out of, as well as various bigger sized clothing that she has yet to grow into. We live in a downtown home, with quite small amount of storage space. I find it very difficult to keep on top of the 'clothing shuffle', of what actually fits, in-coming and out-going. Anyone have any good suggestions???

1 comment:

Karen said...

Use under-bed storage for clothes that are out of season, too big, or outgrown. Keep an extra one on hand for outgrown clothes, then take to your favorite charity, resale shop, or hand-down to relatives when full.
Every time you are putting laundry away or you have a new item that won't fit quite yet you can roll these clear storage bins out and divide easily. I shop for Kai when the sales are on for the following year so my to grow into bin is full!
Or you could label one drawer grow into and one outgrown-you get the idea.
Also if you loved an outfit but don't think you will use it again or if you are like me and just know you will buy new stuff for the pure fun of it with your next then take a picture of the outfit and create a scrapbook that you can look back on without having to actually store all the clothes.