This Celtic blanket has become a really special item in the life of our family this summer. It was a wedding gift from my friend Deirdre. It is a hand-woven blanket that is really comfy and soft. For quite a long time I rarely used it, as it was really special and I didn't want to 'ruin' it. I would save it for special occasions, like company coming, and bring it out sparingly.This summer we started having picnics with other blankets and nothing seemed to work. We tried one blanket and everything stuck it! It took so long to pick all the bits off of it that we never used it again! We tried another and it was just too small. Then I saw this blanket in the bin and decided that it was time to spread its wings!!
This summer we had 101 picnics. With the age of Sophie, it seemed picnics were one thing that were easy and wonderful. We could be outside in the beautiful weather (and relieve our cabin fever), Sophie could play with her toys, make all the noise that her little heart desired. The price was right, and we could vary the location based on the amount of time (and energy!) we had at the moment. From laying in our backyard, the park down the street, the organic market, the Beach, and even a hospital room floor, this blanket has clocked lots of territory this summer. Sophie is always so very happy outside, and a happy Sophie makes for happy parents!
It is going to be a little sad to put away the blanket for the winter. I associate it with a wonderfully full summer. In the next few weeks I will be washing up our blankie, and putting it to sleep for the winter. And you can know that the minute the ground thaws and the birds start to chirp, our blanket will be waking up for another busy season of playing and picnicking.
No comments:
Post a Comment