Last night our girl woke up with severe gas pains. She wouldn't stop crying and we couldn't figure it out, until some "G.I. movement" (if you know what I mean!) cleared things up immediately! Ahhhhh.
This morning Brett was home for the morning and it is finally a beautifully sunny and gorgeously bright day. We decided to explore the bike trails by our house--that we still hadn't had the opportunity to try since the move. It was a nice walk--but a bit sketch. There were a few somewhat sketchy characters that I hope were just going for a nice nature walk, but made me feel anxious. It's quite private, and somewhere that I definitely would not go alone (or with just Soph and I). Quite a shame really. Ahhhh, the city life.
Then we had an exciting trip to the mall where we bought Hallowe'en candy (which we should NOT have bought until 6:04pm on Hallowe'en night). It will start with me opening up the package to just have one.....then one more....then two more....next thing you know I will have to go and buy more for the kiddies!! We also bought some more Cold FX--my newest favourite thing! It appears our pediatrician is right, that Sophie will basically have a cold from now until May! Brett and I both woke up with sore throats yesterday, and have been using Cold FX--my sore throat is gone today!! Yesss guy! I love the stuff--this will be cold number four that it's battled off (between the two of us). It's pricey (it was on sale for 18 bucks at Zellers today) but I'd gladly pay 20 bucks for neither Brett nor I to get a cold! If it's a placebo, I don't even care...cause so far, so good!!
Tonight I'm subbing in for a new orchestra that needs an extra clarinet for the evening. I'm a little nervous--as it's out of my comfort zone, but we're playing a familiar piece, Brahm's 4, and I'm even lucky enough to have borrowed my friend Elizabeth's C clarinet (the last movement is in C, which means that all the clarinets have to transpose the entire movement). I've never played a C before, but I'm looking forward to it, and especially to the fact that I don't have to transpose.
Right now my biggest question is whether I should have a cup of tea and call Bean or have a nap?....life is good.
Monday, October 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment