We're back in the saddle. We've been at home for the past week, enjoying lots of family, friends and delicious food.
Sophie was in heaven staying with her cousins, and played around the clock. She came alive when the kids were around. They absolutely adore her, and are constantly bringing her toys, singing to her, and crawling beside her. I have never seen her so excited. She was downright hyper. I think that being with her cousins is going to continue to be one of her favourite things.
We had an important executive sleep meeting while at home, where we tried to figure out some non-crying options for getting our little munka to sleep again. Since her cold she has fallen SOO off the wagon. We decided that while at home we were going to get her 'days' back on track. Nursing routine, scheduled naps and meals, etc. Worked really well. She's eating much more now, so that is making us feel better.
Last night we started tackling the nights. She had begun sneaking back into our beds in the wee hours of the morning, and none of us were getting much sleep. The nights consisted of lots of crawling around the bed, squeezing noses, babbling, sitting up and clapping....I could go on!!! So, last night was night one of 'no boobing at night'. We pumped a bottle, but she didn't even want it. When I lay her in her crib, I basically lay on top of her (not so good for the back) until she fell asleep. We're going to slowly decrease our touch and involvement. Slowly but surely.
We're really excited because Sophie's cousin Lucy is flying in from Winnipeg this weekend for her daddy's thesis defence. It is going to be another wonderful family weekend, and I'm counting the days. We haven't seen sweet Lucy since July, so there will be lots to love and enjoy.
Friday, October 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck with the "no boobing", I remember my first week or that... hard to start it but funny how fast they get over it. I'll cross my fingers that you get to sleep more soon. :o)
Post a Comment