
Yesterday Sophie celebrated her first birthday! I can hardly believe it's been a whole year. And yet in other ways, I feel like I can't remember a time when she wasn't in our lives. There were moments that felt really emotional for me--remembering 'this time last year' for both the scary and wonderful moments of November 5th last year. At 1:19 (when S was born) Brett, Sophie and I ended up alone in the living room. It wasn't planned, but it was really nice to have that moment together as a family.
The day was wonderful. We were in Kingston and had a little family shindig at Katie and Chris' house. Here is the quick and dirty:
Duds--Soph was sporting the cutest birthday "Wiggle Dress" made for her by her G. It is pretty adorable.


Food--Sophie had her first chocolate cake---Vegan (of course!). She LOVED it! And so did I!! I never thought a vegan cake would be tasty, but it was!! Soph didn't make a peep for almost 20 minutes! As you can see from her pic she went into the "Cake Zone". There was cake all over her face :) A very sensory experience for sure :)
Presents--Our girl was spoiled rotten. From cute outfits, toys to Ottawa Senator booties from her cousins--she got it all!
Games--We played a fun farm animal game with the kids (where you have to find your matching animal by asking yes/no questions). We also had a bit of a dance party.
Grand Finale--Brett made a 15 minute video of photo and video clips from the past year. What a tear-jerker! It was so beautiful, and really captured the spirit of our sweet girl.

As usual it was really hard to leave, but as we drove home there was the most beautiful sunset. At first I was sad because Soph is still facing backwards and couldn't see it. Then we realized that she could see it from the mirror we have positioned in front of her. It was breathtaking. I felt like it was a celebration for our girl. It was a beautiful way to end a beautiful day.
The day was wonderful. We were in Kingston and had a little family shindig at Katie and Chris' house. Here is the quick and dirty:
Duds--Soph was sporting the cutest birthday "Wiggle Dress" made for her by her G. It is pretty adorable.


Food--Sophie had her first chocolate cake---Vegan (of course!). She LOVED it! And so did I!! I never thought a vegan cake would be tasty, but it was!! Soph didn't make a peep for almost 20 minutes! As you can see from her pic she went into the "Cake Zone". There was cake all over her face :) A very sensory experience for sure :)
Presents--Our girl was spoiled rotten. From cute outfits, toys to Ottawa Senator booties from her cousins--she got it all!
Games--We played a fun farm animal game with the kids (where you have to find your matching animal by asking yes/no questions). We also had a bit of a dance party.
Grand Finale--Brett made a 15 minute video of photo and video clips from the past year. What a tear-jerker! It was so beautiful, and really captured the spirit of our sweet girl.

As usual it was really hard to leave, but as we drove home there was the most beautiful sunset. At first I was sad because Soph is still facing backwards and couldn't see it. Then we realized that she could see it from the mirror we have positioned in front of her. It was breathtaking. I felt like it was a celebration for our girl. It was a beautiful way to end a beautiful day.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Sophie! Sounds like a wonderful day.
Post a Comment