Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Hallowe'en!


Here is our Lionheart. Cute as the dickens.

Had a better sleep last night. Got some words of wisdom from my sister Kathy, who said 'KEEP HER UP REALLY LATE!". Then once she's sleeping till an "appropriate hour" then we put her to bed a bit earlier each night. Last night we had some friends over for dinner, and so it was easy to keep Sophie up late. Poor little bunny. By the time she went to bed (after 9:00) she was exausted. But it worked :)
On a bit of a yucky note, Soph had a really bad food reaction yesterday. I was making a cake for dessert, and Sophie accidentally grabbed a beater with cake on it. I don't even think she got any in her mouth, as we were on her very quickly. Anyway, the raw eggwhites and yokes gave her a really bad reaction. Her whole hand was red, her face, and she has 10 hives on the backs of her legs. It was pretty upsetting. Soph was happy as a clam though. We're getting a referral to an allergist next week. I am trying to remain optimistic that eggs and dairy are an allergy that kids often outgrow. And that in the grand scheme of things a food allergy, while very challenging, is a good problem to have. We have a healthy and incredible kid.
Wishing you all a safe and Happy Hallowe'en!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Happy Halloween! She's a cute little Lion. Also I was allergic to milk and also to eggs as a kid. I outgrew both. Not a big fan of either but I can eat them if I want to. I grew up on apple juice and I turned out ok. My brain still developed etc.... well I like to think so anyway. he he.. Lainey refuses to drink milk also... luckily yogurt drinks are her favorite though.
Have a great day!!!!

SC said...

Colleen-thank you so much for that comment--it's so good to hear positive news that you outgrew your allergy (and are a semi-normal person...hee hee :) Thank you, thank you!!
Would love to talk to you more about it sometime. :)