
It's been such a 'busy' few weeks that I haven't posted about Sophie's friend birthday party. We had 9 kids at our small little abode who were all 3 and under. In the days leading up to the big day, I continually asked myself 'why the heck are we doing this when Sophie will have zero memory of it....are we suckers for punishment?"
The day was absolutely wonderful. The kids all played so nicely together. We had a music circle where we sang songs and played musical instruments. We played some more. We had a bbq and ate vegan cake.

Ahhh, the cake. My first attempt at a ovo-lacto free cake. I ended up making it the night before, and was so rushed that I forgot a few steps, including baking soda. Yikes! In the end it was pretty darn good (Aunt Tatey saved the day by making a delicious icing). Perhaps the cake was a tad 'dense', but nobody seemed to notice. Put enough sugar in something and it ends up being tasty.

No comments:
Post a Comment