
After writing several posts about the hard stuff that happened this week, I thought I would write about the great stuff that happened this week. At the hospital, as soon as Sophie started feeling better, our hearts soared. I feel like our baby is back. She has been back to her old self, so so so so happy.
The most exciting thing that happened in the hospital was her speech. As soon as she was feeling better, she started vocalizing so much. She was repeating so many of our words "up, again, hi, uh-oh" to name a few.
But the most exciting thing that happened at the hospital----
SOPHIE SAID MA-MA FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!
Since then she has continued to say it-sometimes over and over again. I'm still not sure if she knows that it means me, but she's definitely saying it. She also calls me "Na-Na", which after being called "Da-Da" for the past 4 months is an exciting step forward!
She also has been pulling up all over the place. And today we were practicing her standing on her own. She got a big smile--I think she knows she's doing something really exciting. Her temperment is still very cautious. She doesn't like the feeling of being unsteady, so I think that she will continue to take her time and do things at her own pace.
Yesterday my dad and Narjis came drove down for a visit. I think they wanted to see Soph in the flesh, give her a hug, after a frightening week. Sophie ADORES her grandpa, so her face lit up like a Christmas tree when he walked in to her room. We had a wonderful day, just going about the daily routine, but enjoying every single moment.
I still have these waves of immense emotion-where I either start to cry or try to keep myself from crying. They come from nowhere and swell up. I think it will just take a few days to process and get back to normal. But each day is getting better.
This morning we went to see our pediatrician. He listened to Soph and said she sounded great. He weighed her and she hardly lost anything. He said her weight is absolutely nothing to worry about--she's chubby in all the right spots! He agreed that it was probably not pneumonia, and that they tend to 'overcall' at the hospital. He did say that Soph is at a higher risk factor for developing asmtha (although she doesn't have it at this point) because of food allergies and exema. But at this point I'm not even going there. He looked at her ears and said they are healing wonderfully.
And we both had a 2 1/2 hour nap when we got home. AHHHHH---sleep!! I forgot how wonderful it feels.
Our girl is back. She's back. She's back. Hurray.
The most exciting thing that happened in the hospital was her speech. As soon as she was feeling better, she started vocalizing so much. She was repeating so many of our words "up, again, hi, uh-oh" to name a few.
But the most exciting thing that happened at the hospital----
SOPHIE SAID MA-MA FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!
Since then she has continued to say it-sometimes over and over again. I'm still not sure if she knows that it means me, but she's definitely saying it. She also calls me "Na-Na", which after being called "Da-Da" for the past 4 months is an exciting step forward!
She also has been pulling up all over the place. And today we were practicing her standing on her own. She got a big smile--I think she knows she's doing something really exciting. Her temperment is still very cautious. She doesn't like the feeling of being unsteady, so I think that she will continue to take her time and do things at her own pace.
Yesterday my dad and Narjis came drove down for a visit. I think they wanted to see Soph in the flesh, give her a hug, after a frightening week. Sophie ADORES her grandpa, so her face lit up like a Christmas tree when he walked in to her room. We had a wonderful day, just going about the daily routine, but enjoying every single moment.
I still have these waves of immense emotion-where I either start to cry or try to keep myself from crying. They come from nowhere and swell up. I think it will just take a few days to process and get back to normal. But each day is getting better.
This morning we went to see our pediatrician. He listened to Soph and said she sounded great. He weighed her and she hardly lost anything. He said her weight is absolutely nothing to worry about--she's chubby in all the right spots! He agreed that it was probably not pneumonia, and that they tend to 'overcall' at the hospital. He did say that Soph is at a higher risk factor for developing asmtha (although she doesn't have it at this point) because of food allergies and exema. But at this point I'm not even going there. He looked at her ears and said they are healing wonderfully.
And we both had a 2 1/2 hour nap when we got home. AHHHHH---sleep!! I forgot how wonderful it feels.
Our girl is back. She's back. She's back. Hurray.
2 comments:
Hey!!!
Glad to know you are all okay!!!!!!
Can't wait to kiss ALL of those cheeks!
Very sweet that she said Ma ma at the hospital for you. She must have known you needed some happy news. :o)
Post a Comment