Sophie has become a champ taking her medicine. She takes her puffer twice a day, and uses this little device. It was pretty awful the first few times. Soph would cry and we'd have to hold it on her face. Not fun at all. After a day or two we tried a different approach. Brett and I each took a turn putting it on our faces. It gave Sophie a chance to realize it wasn't so scary. Either coincidentally or not from this point on she had no trouble taking it. In fact, she quite loves it!! When I finish giving it to her, she often puts it back on her face. After I press the medicine we have to count to ten--whenever I reach ten and take it off she has a huge grin on her face. It's funny. There is a picture of a bear taking his medicine on the mask that we always point to and Soph says bear (in the cutest little voice).Last week Sophie was drinking her bottle, and the lid to her bottle was on the floor. She picked it up and kept repeatedly putting it over her face--just like her mask. Too funny. These little people adapt to new situations (for better or for worse) so easily and quickly. If you would have told me a few months ago that our little girl would be happily taking a puffer twice a day I would have been absolutely shocked. And as I read over this post about how cute my daughter is when she takes her puffer, I guess even mommies adapt to change.
2 comments:
I'm so glad Sophie is enjoying her puffer. That's very cute that she can say bear too. It's so much easier when they have fun with things like that.
It IS so much easier....a little bear on the side (not even that cute of a bear to be honest) makes SUCH a difference!!
Post a Comment