Monday, January 29, 2007

More Teeth!


Teeth, teeth, and more teeth. I finally got my fingers in Soph's mouth (she won't let me in there so much any more..and if she does, it may end in a serious chomp! I guess that's what you get when you go digging around in your toddler's mouth)
There are two molars that are finally in. Two down....goodness knows how many more are left!! Last week she was in her highchair and all of the sudden there was a red trickle of blood running down from her mouth. No wonder she hasn't been wanting to eat and has been uncomfortable.
If you look closely in this picture you can see some drool on her chin--poor thing has been dripping like a faucet. We're going to be breaking the bibs back out again (much to my chagrin (sp)..I'm not a fan of the bib. Ruins a good outfit!!)
Our tooth count is now at 9. And I think she's breaking through another couple of teeth right now. Famous last words. I will breathe a sigh of relief when they are all in, let me tell you!
Last night Sophie received what my friend Laura has named the 'drug cocktail' of both tempra and advil. She still woke up twice but it was much better than the past few nights.
Considering the barbaric form of torture that is going on in her mouth day and night, our little girl is still so happy and content most of the time.
I think I need to rewrite the song 'Brush your Teeth'
When you wake up in the morning at a quarter to one and you feel like life's not very fun you 'breakthrough your teeth'.
When you wake up in the morning at a quarter to two and you feel in pain and don't know what to do you 'breakthrough your teeth'
When you wake up in the morning at a quarter to three and you can't help but feel sorry for me you 'breakthrough your teeth'
When you wake up in the morning at a quarter to four and you don't think you can take anymore you 'breakthrough your teeth'
When you wake up in the morning at a quarter to five and you barely feel alive you 'breakthrough your teeth'
Move over Raffi.

No comments: