Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Hunger and Sleep Strike

Our monkey is having a tough time getting these teeth in. She has decided that food, formula and sleep are all things that she's not interested in right now. You can imagine the headspace that leaves her mommy and daddy in.
So we're just hunkering down--trying to get through this 'phase'. I see one white tooth almost in, and if there is anymore, we're hoping they ALL come in at once.
Other than not eating, drinking or sleeping Soph is in pretty good spirits (compared to her ol' ma). Brett and I have been spelling each other off at night, and have been taking turns sleeping in (wow--who knew that 7am was a sleep-in!!)
And tomorrow Brett is home for the day, and sending me AWAY...FOR A LONG CHUNK OF TIME!!! I haven't decided what to do. I am thinking of going to see a movie--and eating ridiculous amounts of popcorn and penny candy. Or maybe I'll go for a tea in a fancy cafe (where parents would be afraid to bring children!) and bring the paper and my book. Or get a massage. Or maybe I'll go shopping for an outfit for our upcoming concert. Or just slowly walk down the street and windowshop with nothing in my hands. Hmmm....thinking about what I'll do is half the fun. Needed. Very needed.

1 comment:

Melody said...

I vote for the spa, shopping, and tea. :)