
Today was my day. It began with a rough night, but we don't need to really go there right now. I did the 'early shift' with Soph and then Brett spelled me off at 7am and I got to go back to bed. Here's where the great day began-----I slept until 10:00am~!!! It felt wonderful. Brett put Sophie down at 9am and then I napped until she woke up at 10!! Wonderbar! (Please excuse all the exclamation marks, but this is a pretty rare phenomena in our world!)
I decided to go to see a movie, and Brett took Sophie out to visit some friends. I had a leisurely shower, blow-dried my hair, and even put on some long dangly earrings (very baby-UNfriendly) and make-up. I was feeling really great.
I window shopped for awhile, then went to Chapters and just ambled...it felt so nice (although all day I kept feeling like I should be rushing--like I was forgetting something, or like I had somewhere to 'be'. I had to consiously stop those thoughts and let myself slow down). I went to see Pursuit of Happyness, which was a wonderfully perfect movie to see. The timing was great for it, because of the ups and downs of parenting these days. It helped me realize that our life is pretty darn great, that even when it doesn't feel like it we just have to plow onward - put one foot in front of the other. I really loved it.
Then I walked and window-shopped until I reached the mall--where I went shopping for a new outfit for my upcoming orchestra concert. I found exactly what I was looking for and was very happy about that.
And when I walked in our front door I found EXACTLY what I was really looking for---my wonderful family. There was nothing better than the huge smiles when I walked in the door at my very own soft place to fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment