
At the end of a day at summer camp, we would often debrief the day with campers by doing a round of 'Rose & Thorn'--where everyone would talk about the best and most challenging part of their day. So, as Sophie is being put to bed as I write, I thought I would write my Roses & Thorns from today.

Rose-I drove by myself to Rona with a hot cup of tea and CBC radio.
Thorn-We were running late, and I had to drive like a lunatic on the way home so we weren't late for Brett's visiting mom.
Thorn-Brett's mom was waiting on the front porch when we got home (and it was cold!!)
Rose-She had just arrived 45 seconds earlier!
Rose--Sophie's G, Auntie and Uncle had a wonderful visit.
Thorn--Soph woke up with a runny nose and has been 'cranks' for parts of the day.
Rose--Got some awesome nesting tables and an area rug from Rona (not sure I would have been so excited about this a couple of years ago)
Thorn--Sophie cried REALLY hard and for a long time going down for her nap. Then she woke up 30 mins later.
Rose--I ended up getting in our bed with her and we both snuggled and napped for 2 hours.
Rose--Soph ate a ton all day today, and is taking her formula like a champ.
Rose--We had a wonderful playtime/tickling session/gigglefest after dinner
"____"--Sophie's bedtime (still happening as we speak....I'm hoping, hoping, hoping for a rose)
IT WAS A ROSE!! Silence is a beautiful thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment