Monday, February 12, 2007

Old McDonald


My baby is no longer a baby. When I look at this picture--I realize that my baby is now a toddler (minus the toddling...so far, but a toddler nonetheless). I can't believe how the past 15 months has flown. I can't believe we've been parents for 15 months. That we've kept a human being alive for 15 months. It's been the most fantastic 15 months, and also incredibly challenging.

I wanted to include this picture because this shows the new land of toys that we are moving into. My sister passed on to us their little people fisher-price stuff (affectionately labelled 'chubby people' by her three kids). At first Sophie wasn't really into it, but I have just left it out in the toy room, and she's really starting to get into it. This morning I heard her back there making strange animal sounds!! I walked in and she was saying 'cocka' loudly while agressively handling the rooster! (maybe the rooster is jealous because Soph is stealing his job by waking up at 5am). Anyway, It's really amazing to witness her growing and changing.
We've been singing a lot of Old McDonald and Soph now will chirp in and 'fill in the blanks' with some sounds. It's really cute. Sometimes she hits it bang on with the right sound and rhythm, other times she just makes really cute random sounds....either way, I pretty much want to eat her up the whole time. I thought I'd feel sad about her changing, but I love it. I feel so excited about watching her interact with the world. Watching her have more control of her world (like when she dives off my lap into her bedside table to choose the book she wants). As tired as I am, as difficult as the journey has been at certain times, I wouldn't trade a moment. I wouldn't give up a second. (well, maybe a few seconds at 3am I'd trade in for 8:30am hee hee).
We are so incredibly lucky to have this kid in our world.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Got to love the Little People farm.. ours has always been a favorite too.