I'm surviving. Even more than that. There are a lot of moments where I'm actually having fun. I'm still continuing to be very sad leaving Sophie every morning. I'm still sporting my sunglasses so that my wet eyes are concealed each morning. I burst from the school at 3:30pm, frantic until I see those big blue eyes. Then I can exhale.
I am thrilled to have a warm and yummy dinner waiting for me each night, and have groceries bought and dishes washed. So appreciated after being the one to do it for the past 17 months.
Brett makes it look so easy. He and Sophie are having so much fun together. Sophie says 'bye bye Mama' each morning with zero degrees of trauma (I have some though!). And it is do-able. I never take my time with Sophie for granted, and I am greedy for each and every second with her when I am home.
So we're off and away. This weekend I found myself feeling so incredibly happy. I think that I have been dreading last week for so long that it was a relief to finally have it behind us. The first week. The hardest week. To be sure there are lots of bumps to come, but we are getting there. Day by day. 11 more weeks till summer vacation.
Monday, April 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment