
Today I am thankful for my mom. For all of herself that she gave to me. For all of the years I had no idea how much she gave. For the ways that she continues to guide and inspire me. For her unconditional love.
For trimming my hair on the picnic table in the backyard, so that some really lucky bird would be able to have my hair for its nest.
Mother I have learned enough now
To know I have learned nearly nothing.
On this day
When mothers are being honoured,
Let me thank you
That my selfishness, ignorance, and mockery
Did not bring you to
Discard me like a broken doll
Which had lost its favor.
I thank you that
You still find something in me
To cherish, to admire, and to love.
I thank you, Mother.
I love you.
-Maya Angelou
No comments:
Post a Comment