Saturday, June 02, 2007

Top 10


Sophie is doing lots of really interesting things these days, so I thought I would do a quick Top 10.
1) She is now fully walking. I keep forgetting to officially write this. For awhile now. And since the long weekend she stopped crawling altogether. She is pretty proud of her new skill (and so are we).
2) A funny and cute new word she will say is to ask for 'help' or 'open' (I can't really figure out which it is) and she says 'a-poo'
3) We are enjoying our backyard. Brett has worked hard on getting the lawn 'playable' and it looks great. Unfortunately much of the time in the backyard is spent chasing Sophie not to eat dirt, or to crawl in the creepy darkness under the deck. My vision of sitting in my chaise lounge sipping a cool drink watching Sophie play....not so much!
4) We had a mommy racoon and her five babies living very nearby. Every morning bright and early we would see her parade her babies across our lawn. Sophie calls them 'a-coons'.
5) Sophie is completely taken with a little boy in my class. Mekhi (his parents call him Kai-Kai as a nickname) is talked about in our house each and every day (MANY times a day actually!). Sometimes the first word out of her mouth in the morning is Kai-Kai. Yesterday she came to school for our Super Fun Day and when she actually saw Mekhi, she wasn't even all that reactive!
6) We're really excited about the summer. Only 18 more school days (but whose counting) until I am back home full time for two glorious months. This is the first summer that Brett won't be working, so we plan on spending lots of time at the cottage, camping and visiting family. Bring it on.
7) Soph has been taking a cat nap! Where her nap used to be 2+ hours in the afternoon she is now sometimes only napping for an hour. Not so much fun for papa.
8) Jabbering-- Our girl is often talking to herself in 'Sophie-ese'. She will sing to herself, chat away great conversations with great inflection and expression.
9) Sleep--although we are up some days with the rooster, we can't complain any more than that (I am asking for it to write this...so I'm going to leave it at that!)
10) We are having lots of smog days. We are keeping Sophie inside on these days, and it's really a bit of a bummer. I just feel that with her breathing issues we don't need to make things any harder on her sweet little body. I am a little obsessive with checking for alerts on the weather channel. Luckily we have central air, so we turn it on for these days (that are unfortunately too frequent already)
( I shouldn't have ended with something negative, but I can't figure out how to cut and paste, and I'm missing precious naptime! All is very well in our world! xo)

4 comments:

meghan said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh beautiful girl - beautiful mama!! I am SO happy to hear that she is walking and being brave enough to go under the deck to keep her parents on their toes!! ATTA girl Soph!!

Missing you all!

Colleen said...

Very very cute!!! I'm happy things are going so great. We saw my cousin's little girl.. Loren.. she was born the same week as Sophie.. she is just under 20 pounds too, healthy and active like Sophie.. just a light weight too. Much nicer to carry around than 36 pound Lainey!!! Oh my back hurts! he he

SC said...

Colleen--It's always reassuring to hear that there are other people in similar situations as us...makes it feel not so weird or scary. Thanks for that. k

Melody said...

Isabelle weighed in at 21 pounds, 1 ounce for her 18 month appt....
:)